Drop off for Spring 2018 sale: Wednesday, 2/7 11:00am-7:30pm
Pickup for the Spring 2018 sale: Saturday 2/10 3:00pm-4:00pm (see assigned time-slots below)
Consignor Preview Sale: Thursday 2/8 3:00pm
Selling at Athens Consignment Sale is EASY and profitable! You will receive 70% of your sales and will also be able to shop early during the consignor preview sale. Oh, and NO CONSIGNOR FEE for this sale – welcome to Athens Consignment Sale 🙂
Here’s how it works:
STEP 1 – SIGN UP:
Registration will officially open January 2nd at 8:00am and close on January 5th.
Register to consign and volunteer using our REGISTER HERE! page or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
STEP 2 – GATHER YOUR ITEMS:
We accept all items (toys, books, clothes, baby gear, etc.) ages newborn — juniors. Maternity and mommy items (like maternity clothes, pumping gear, nursing covers, etc.) are also accepted. No non-maternity adult clothes/shoes will be accepted. See guidelines below for more details.
****Must have minimum $100 worth of items to consign. All items must be in gently used, good condition****
- Please bring only quality, in season (see *Spring Sale guidelines below) and in-style clothing. Clothes must be fresh, clean, no missing buttons, no holes, no wrinkles, no broken zippers, no stains and no smoke smells. Shoes must have some tread, no holes, no excessive stains, and no mud stuck in the tread. We will reject any items that don’t meet these criteria.
- *SPRING SEASON CLOTHES/SHOES
- Shorts & T-Shirts, lightweight summer jackets & sweaters, skirts, dresses, rompers, Easter outfits, onesies, lightweight pajamas, etc.
- Bathing suits and swimming accessories. Sports uniforms
- Boys jeans & lightweight pants (sizes newborn to boys size 14)
- Girls lightweight pants & capris (size newborn to girls size 14)(no jeans)
- Shoes: Summer shoes and sandals, no boots. Shoe sizes – infant to youth size 6.
- *SPRING SEASON CLOTHES/SHOES
- ONLY 150 hanging items per consignor.
- Pajamas, socks and underwear (bagged) in excellent condition.
- Toys, playsets/equipment, books, DVD’s, video games, puzzles and games in working order and no missing pieces.
- Baby and children’s bedding and room decor.
- Children’s bikes, scooters, sport clothing/gear/and equipment.
- Baby equipment, playpens, strollers, car seats, high chairs, walkers, bouncers, boppys, etc. (car seats must be accident free and have at least 12 months remaining before expiring)
- Nursery items, furnishings, cribs (no drop-side).
- Mommy/maternity items like breast pumps, nursing pillows, belly bands, etc. Maternity clothes must be official maternity clothes — no women’s clothes accepted.
We do NOT Accept:
- Stuffed animals
- VHS tapes
- Shoe sizes 7+
- Drop-side cribs
- Full or queen size bedding
- Car seats that are expired or have been in an accident
- Recalled items– You can use this website as a reference. We are not responsible for identifying recalled items.
STEP 3 – TAGGING INFO:
Use THIS LINK to print your tags. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CODE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED via an email from us before downloading and printing your tags or you may not get credit for your sales.
- Print tags on CARDSTOCK. Other paper will tear and you may not get credit for your sale.
- Price items in .50 cent increments.
- Fill out tags thoroughly.
- Items not circled yes or no will automatically be sold 1/2 price on Saturday.
- Using a safety pin, attach tag to the top right corner of clothing article.
- Please do not put a punch hole in tag and then pin. Tags fall off when hole punched.
- Please DO NOT STAPLE tag to clothes.
- Hang clothes on wire hanger so that the curved side is facing left like a question mark and the tag is on the top right. (TIP: many dry-cleaner businesses will give free or very cheap hangers)
- Use safety pins to attach garments to hangers so they don’t fall off and get lost!
- Pants and skirts should be safety pinned to the top arms of the hanger for easy viewing and so they do not flop around.
- Secure loose parts of toys and/or games in a plastic bag. See Video
- Puzzles, games etc. must have all pieces and be in working condition. Tape boxes, DVD’s & games closed. Put puzzle pieces in a ziplock bag.
- Several small items (small toys or books) are best sold when grouped together in plastic bag and priced as a group.
- Attach tag to the item or bag by placing a piece of clear packing tape (NO Scotch Tape) over the tag and over zip lock bag to assure that item will not be able to be opened.
- Shoes should be fastened together with safety pins or zip ties, placed in plastic bag if possible, and a tag should be taped to the inside of each shoe (price on both tags). See Video
- Car seats, Pack n Plays, high chairs, diaper pails etc. must be clean and soil free.
***Consignors with excessive stains, holes, etc. or selling items in NON working, expired or missing pieces will not be allowed to consign again.***
STEP 4 – SORT:
Please sort your items by gender and size, then by shirts, dresses, pants, and outfits. This is essential! Consignors are responsible for placing all items on racks after volunteers have checked them…pre-sorting will make your job much easier!!
STEP 5 – DROP OFF:
Drop-off for the Spring 2018 sale is : Wednesday, February 7 @ 11:00am-7:30pm
Drop your tagged items off to Tuckston United Methodist Church during the designated drop-off time (any time between 11:00am-7:30pm) and pick up your consignor preview sale ticket. Be prepared for the possibility of waiting in line during busy times. During drop-off, include a self-addressed and stamped envelope so that we can send you your check with your profits!
NOTE: We cannot accept your items after drop-off time. Consignors who do not drop off their items during the designated time period are considered “no-shows” and will not be allowed to consign at future sales. Please let us know in advance if you no longer wish to consign. We have dozens of people on a waiting-list that would love your spot!
STEP 6 – SHOP!
Consignor preview sale for the Spring 2018 sale is : Thursday, February 8 @ 3:00pm
Consignors get to shop early during the consignor preview sale…lots of wonderful deals to be found! You must bring your consignor preview ticket, which you will receive at drop-off, to shop early. Consignors will receive 2 tickets – 1 for you and one to give away! (1 ticket per adult for entry)
STEP 7 — PICKUP
Pickup for the Spring 2018 sale is : Saturday, February 10 @ 3:00pm-4:00pm
Unsold items may be picked up at the assigned time below!
If you agree at DROP OFF to pick up your items and do not show or leave behind unwanted items, YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $20 FEE deducted from your check to dispose of your items. (This is due to the large amount of consignors who promise to pick up their items and fail to do so, leaving us with LOTS of items to deal with after donation trucks have already left.)
Saturday Pick Up Times (may come after, but not before alloted time):
3:00-3:15 ID codes from A-C
3:15-3:30 ID codes from D-G
3:30-3:45 ID codes from H-N
3:45-4:00 ID codes from O-Z
Please do not come BEFORE your pick-up time (but you may come after if necessary).
We cannot hold items past pickup time and we cannot make pickup reminder calls. Any unsold items not picked up by 4:00p.m. will become property of Athens Consignment Sale. Donation trucks will arrive shortly after pickup and you will not be able to reclaim your items.
STEP 8 — GET PAID
We will send you your check within a week or two of the sale. Consignors receive 70% of their sales. Please don’t forget to bring us a self-addressed and stamped envelope when you drop off your items!
ITEMS OF NOTE:
- We cannot sell items that don’t have tags, so make sure to secure them well!
- We are not responsible for any lost, damaged, mis-tagged, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise compromised items.
- We reserve the right to reject any items during drop-off inspection that do not meet our selling guidelines.
- We reserve the right to pull any items from selling floor if found to not meet our selling guidelines, even after drop-off inspection.
- We cannot hold items past the pickup deadline. If you do not pickup your items in time, you will forfeit them to Athens Consignment Sale.
- We cannot provide you a receipt or itemized list of your sales.